- This event has passed.
Advanced Narcotics Detection Seminar
March 28 - March 30
Advanced Narcotics Detection Seminar
Tallahassee PD K9 Unit
March 28-30, 2017
The seminar will be open to Law Enforcement K-9 handlers and supervisors. The class will be open to up to 15 handler/dog teams. Spectators, including supervisors are welcome to attend. The class will comprise both classroom instruction and practical handling in scenario based problems. Advanced Detection will cover practical detection scenarios and problem solving all aspects of detector dog teams in narcotics detection. This seminar will also include operations for searching warehouses, tractor trailers, checkpoints, and vehicle stops as training venues permit. Includes classroom and field work
- Learn to properly deploy their K9s in real-world scenarios.
- Be challenged on hides of varying height, depth, weight and permeation times.
- Prepare to perform above currently existing canine certification protocols.
- Prepare for Scenario-based NTPDA type certifications www.tacticalcanine.com
- Learn techniques for more efficient deployment: free searching & scanning
- Learn techniques through hide placement to create a more independent K9
- Reduce the handler dependency of their k9 in difficult problems.
- Learn how to set up training to extinct responses to distractor odors.
- Learn how to set up maintenance training plans to improve performance
- Improve final response behaviors: scratching or passive-stare to source.
- Understand the difference between direct reward from source protocol and indirect reward protocols
“Innovating the future of dog training.”
Please send this in to register for the seminar. A schedule of events will be provided upon receipt of the registration. Payment can also be made by Faxing in this form 919-776-3151 or emailing to email@example.com and calling Amy Maxwell, Office Manager, Tarheel Canine at 919-774-4152 and paying with a credit card. Municipal PO also accepted for payment.
Send to: Tarheel Canine Training, Inc. PO Box 1694, Sanford, NC 27330.
Agency Affiliation _______________________________________________________
Yes, I am bringing a patrol K9 _______ No, I am unable to bring a patrol K9 ______.
K9 Certified with ________________________________________ (Agency or Organization)
Address ___________________________________ State__________ Zip ____________
Tel # ____________________ (C) ____________________ (W) E-Mail________________
Handler participating $250.
Spectator participating $100, shall not be pro-rated.
$_______ is enclosed. Make Checks Payable to Tarheel Canine Training, Inc.
This release is intended to discharge Tarheel Canine Training, Inc. and their owners, officers, employees, agents, and sponsors, and the Tallahassee PD FL, City of Tallahassee FL, from and against any and all liability arising out of or in connection with my participation in any of the seminar events for which I am registered or in which I am participating. I understand that serious accidents can occur during police dog training, events, and other dog-related activities. Participation in such activities may occasionally result in serious personal injury and/or property damages. Knowing and appreciating such risks, nevertheless, I hereby agree to assume those risks and full responsibility for the actions of my dog(s) and myself. By signing below I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to this hold harmless agreement.
Applicant’s Signature Date
Local Contact Information
Ofc. Brian Smith
Tallahassee PD FL
Class Location (First Morning 8:00am Meeting)
2964 Municipal Way Tallahassee, FL 32304.
#1 Staybridge Suites
1600 Summit Lake Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32317
#2 La Quinta Inn
2905 N. Monroe St
Tallahassee, FL 32303