Street Readiness/High Risk K9 Encounters Morris County NJ Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit
September 25 @ 8:00 am - September 27 @ 5:00 pm
Street Readiness/High Risk K9 Encounters
Morris County NJ Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit
September 25-27, 2019
This companion course to our High Risk Deployments / Tactical Building Search Course deals
primarily with suspect encounters to ensure the highest likelihood of K9 engagement and proper
tactical applications for street encounters. Three (3 ) day class, 24 hours of instruction working slots
open to Law Enforcement personnel only, approved civilian auditors are also welcome.
Course topics covered will be:
• What defines street readiness?
• The role of selection, training (prey/defense/channeling, civil aggression/defense training,
prey training: grip development, leather strap, biting with back teeth for maximum pain
compliance, pushing, fighting from disadvantage), and maintenance training in street
• Equipment: The tools of street readiness, sleeves, suits, muzzles, hidden equipment, static,
progressive and dynamic resistance.
• Back-up neutrality, back-up movement, passive encounters, and passive prone encounters.
• The role of proper defense training/sharpness, civil aggression training, and drive
channeling and decoy work to bring this out.
• Hidden equipment decoy work, for forearm, bicep and legs. Blocking, resistance techniques,
and slick floors in scenario creation.
• The role of proper suit targeting in creating engagement habits. Proper suit selection and
• Muzzle work, work in prey or defense. How to integrate it into your other training, and how
to not allow it to depreciate your targeting and cause liability issues.
• How to decoy for muzzle work, and important training record narratives for muzzle work to
protect the handler and agency.
• Building primary and secondary targets, fended object scenarios, man-orientation drills and
how to integrate them all into scenarios.
• Time Permitting: K9 Integration with drones in street readiness.
Jerry Bradshaw, Training Director
Tarheel Canine Training Inc. • Police K9 Services
230 W. Seawell Street, Sanford, NC 27330
Tel. 919-774-4152 • Fax. 919-776-3151
Cell. 919-244-8044 (Sales &Scheduling)
Please send in this form to register for the seminar. A schedule of events will be provided upon
receipt of the registration. Payment can also be made by Faxing in this form to: 919-776-3151, or
emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org and calling Amy Maxwell, Office Manager, Tarheel
Canine at 919-774-4152 and paying with a credit card. A municipal purchase order will also be
accepted for payment.
Send to: Tarheel Canine Training, Inc. PO Box 1694, Sanford, NC 27330.
Agency Affiliation _______________________________________________________
Yes, I am bringing a patrol K9 _______ No, I am unable to bring a patrol K9 ______.
K9 Certified with ________________________________________ (Agency or Organization)
Address ___________________________________ State__________ Zip ____________
Tel # ____________________ (C) ____________________ (W) E-Mail________________
Handler participating $400.
Spectator participating $200, shall not be pro-rated.
$_____________ is enclosed.
Make Checks Payable to Tarheel Canine Training, Inc.
This release is intended to discharge Tarheel Canine Training, Inc. and their owners, officers,
employees, agents, and sponsors, and the Morris County Sheriff’s Office, and the
County of Morris from and against any and all liability
arising out of or in connection with my participation in any of the seminar events for which I am
registered or in which I am participating. I understand that serious accidents can occur during
police dog training, events, and other dog-related activities. Participation in such
activities may occasionally result in serious personal injury and/or property damages.
Knowing and appreciating such risks, nevertheless, I hereby agree to assume those risks and
full responsibility for the actions of my dog(s) and myself. By signing below I acknowledge that
I have read, understand, and agree to this hold harmless agreement.
Applicant’s Signature Date
Local Contact Information:
Lieutenant Mark Chiarolanza
Morris County Sheriff’s Office
Class Location (First Morning 8:00am Meeting)
Morris County Public Safety Academy
500 West Hanover Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
Candlewood Suites Parsippany- Morris Plains
100 Candlewood Dr, Morris Plains, NJ 07950
$109/night plus tax
1 Hilton Ct, Parsippany, NJ 07054
$149/ plus tax
270 South St, Morristown, NJ 07960
$152/ night plus tax